Wednesday, May 04, 2005

An April Shower's Lesson

It was raining heavily...

On the 28th of April, I never expected the weather to turn so horrible; and that was the reason why I decided to work on one of my grandma's yard. Most of it was barren, except for a few drying flowers that survived the summer heat...

Digging a hole, planting a seed, and putting the dirt back over the seedling... It was an endless cycle of what seemed like hours under the hot sun.. The clouds showed no hint of the downpour it was holding back... The sun perched loftily on its throne... It was what I would call a perfect day...

Of course, that sense of "perfectness" changed...

When the clouds shifted over the shadowed arch, droplets of water came pouring from the heavens... the sky greyed.. the sun no longer the master of the cloudy dome...

At first I felt defeated, just like that very sun... The "perfect" day I was enjoying seemed like a dream I only had... I was very angry... "Curse the rain," I muttered under my breath... "Just when I was enjoying myself!"

And I sat myself on the sill (of the door, of course) where I was sheltered. I looked at the garden I was working on before the rain started and tried to count the raindrops that showered it...

And what I saw as I counted those endless droplets of water.... made me reconsider my thoughts about that certain April shower..

For the few flowers that were withered seemed to be celebrating because of the rain... They danced with the wind and tried to catch the drops of water with which they were parched.

And the barren soil??? They, too, seemed to love the rain which I, earlier, detested. Looking at the yard, I felt it seemed pleased for the rain was cleansing it and purifying it altogether...

The sun??? Well, of course, to me, I thought it was most displeased... For he that usually rules the skies is now shunned back by the rain...

I finally realized that cursing the rain was wrong... Weird?? Hahaha... No, no.. There is some principle behind it...

"What you see depends on where you look from."

By putting myself at the shoes of the sun, the soil, and the flowers, I felt that what each of them saw with the rain was different from each other... The sun was disgruntled and although both the soil and the flowers rejoiced, it was because of different reasons.

And that was how it it with human beings, too.. You see, each of the them (the rain, the sun, the soil and the flowers) personifies a different person in reality... Each person holds different views from others, and we should learn to respect that.. One should not condemn someone just because he holds a different view from himself. Most importantly, one should look at a person with an open heart. One should not be biased in treating others and should try to look on the views of "the sun, the soil and the flowers" before judging the "summer rain".

That sense of "perfectness" changed. But wouldnt you believe??

It changed for the better...

Just because of an April shower...