Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Never Coming Back

The room was dark, had not the lights given off a faint amber flicker. Still, it didn't suffice so as to make the state of half-nothingness the room was in disappear completely...

It was a special day,as far as I could think of.. Music was being played in the background, and everybody was eager for his turn to come..

A sea of white filled some of the tight spaces and a multitude of hues filled the others... I could barely see some reds and blues speckled with occasional yellows and greens because of the somewhat dark landscape.. Still, it was not hard to see the smiles pasted on everyone's face...

Yes, it was graduation day...

It had barely seemed to start when I realized that it has ended... As if somebody decided to push the fast forward button, people were soon starting to rise from their chairs and leaving one by one...

I pulled back... Taking a last look at everything, I sighed as both parent and student marched out and emptied the auditorium..

And then......

An outstretched hand held a piece of blue paper...

"What's this?" I asked.

"Just read it."

And she left without another word...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I woke up with a jolt... Looking left to right, I sat up and saw the black sky from my window..

2:30AM in a bright neon red color told me everything I needed to know.

"It was just a dream..."

What a weird dream.. This isn't the first time I actually had this dream.. Last year, in Mid-November, I had the exact same dream, but was too stupid to neglect it..

I was actually confident that there's no way our friendship will be broken... Too confident, in fact.. I felt she was never going to leave me.. But it seems I was wrong..

For just like that dream...

She had left me in real life too...

And I thought I had already gotten over her... At least, that's what I try to convince myself...

But I feel guilty... for that dream...

because somewhere deep inside me, I still want her to return..

Why don't I just learn?? Why am I still waiting for her?? When I know....

Just know...

That just like in that dream.....

In reality, she's never coming back....