Friday, May 13, 2005

My Lucky Day...

As grumpy as I was for the past few days, I never expected my mood to change so quickly... Yeah, the blogsounds are still down, the deleted files my "beloved" nephew has corrupted are still unrecovered, the cd player of my PC is also erratic... Honestly, I thought about pulling my hair out last night.. It was too much for me...

When I woke up today at 6am, things looked as bleak as yesterday... My eyebrows were still curled in a dangerous arch, my breath was still long and "sigh-y", my hands were also shaking to ball up in rage...

Friday, I thought... Just another plain, boring, annoying day.

The morning shower also passed without much happening... But the tides began to turn when I started preparing breakfast...

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWW," my father yawned as he was stretching his hands up into the air... "Wow!!"

"Wow????" My eyebrows arched even higher....

He looked at me apprehensively. After finding out that my nephew ruined my files, he knew I was in no good mood... His confirmation that that little devil went home with a muchly-deserved shiner, also made his convictions as to if my quarterly-fit has come one month earlier a lot stronger.

Many people dread my quarterly-fits.. Every three months, I go into a frenzy and do some rather freaky things.. It's not really as if I time these fits up to happen every three months.. It just so oddly happens that, rather COINCIDENTALLY, my nephew comes to destroy my valuable files EVERY THREE MONTHS...

"Wow," my father repeated in a rather shaky smile...

I returned to frying the "frankfurts"... ( I love to call them that.. ) Keep your calm, I thought to myself... No point in exploding at dad, he's not that little devil.. Just fry these up and you can probably get back to your bed and let this fit end...

"I'm quite surprised you're not happy today," said dad...

"Excuse me?" I let the spoon fall with a loud clatter... Cool, Dex, keep your cool... Dad's probably just trying to cheer you up...

Dad looked at the fallen spoon on the floor... "I'm quite surprised," he repeated smiling even broader, "that you're not happy today... Today's May 13, you know."

"What's with May 13?!" I replied as I bent down to retrieve the spoon... I don't want to lose my temper, I don't want to lose my temper... "Look, dad... I'm in no mood for....."

"I know you're not in the mood these past few days," my father cut me off, "but honestly, I kinda expected Friday the 13th to cheer you up..."

CLINK!! The spoon fell to the ground for a second time..

"Friday the 13th?" I said with a rather shaky voice.. My lips were slowly curling itno an unmistakable grin...

My dad seemed to be satisfied with my grin too... He gave me a final pat in the shoulder and went to take his shower..

Firday the 13th.. What a delightful day...

Well, of course many people are afraid of Friday the 13th because sometimes, unearthly things happen on this day... I, myself have had my share of spooks with it...

When I was in Grade 6, on a rather cold Friday the 13th, my friend and I were hanging out on the penthouse.. Suddenly he complained that his leg was aching.. When we looked at his leg, we saw blood flowing from it.. He looked terrified as he clutched his leg with a white hankerchief and squirmed in pain... His denims were slowly turning into a crimson tint.. Soon, we were on the elevator and just a few steps from his apartment.. We looked at his leg another time and saw drops of blood stain the marble floor...

BING!! The doorbell shrieked... The door opened and a suprised face greeted us...

"I didn't expect you to be this early," his mother said in an obviously surprised tone... "Do come in.. "

"Uhm auntie, his leg is........," I began anxiously...

"Yeah?" she asked in a rather quizzical look....

"It's bleeding, ma.." my friend replied...

"It looks perfect to me," she said.

Both of us looked at his leg.....

and there was not a single drop of blood..

His pants were perfectly blue, the floor was perfectly marbly white... Nothing.. Absolutely nothing... Except...

the white hankerchief that he used, was not white anymore..

but red....

Freaky.....

Still, after I grew a certain liking into "dead men" and stuff, Friday the 13th didn't bother me anymore... In fact, I treated the day like my birthday and celebrated it.. To top it all up, I feel extremely happy and lucky at this certain day..

Weird, aren't I??

Oh, well...

Maybe I am...

But...

At least I'm happy with being me, right? XD