Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Dead Level

What do my resignations make me? Does it make me smart, drawing lines when lines had to be drawn? Or does it make me a loser, giving up on just about anything when things betrayed even the slightest glint of difficulty?

And so I ask myself, is it just that I am simply fighting the losing battle? Or is it just that I should have just tried to cross lines rather than draw them?

Maybe, this is the very essence of life -- to fall into a pit, be brought to your knees, and yet still having the guts to stand up, and learn to never fall onto the same pit again. Standing up makes us brave; and staying up teaches us to be strong. In the end, it is this, that is the bane, and joy simply to be human.

Indeed things are very different now. But I have to live with life, cope up, and try to stay alive. Everything is pointing to failure, but let's see if we can't make a little magic. It's pass, or die trying. There is very little to lose, and perhaps everything to gain. Let's see if this flame holds up until after I see my grades.

Maybe, life, and not death, is the greater leveler after all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, I still haven't seen my grades yet. Judgment day has since been extended indefinitely. Sheesh talk about mind games... I sure hope I can still keep my wits about me until then. Sighs.

The second quiz WAS distributed last week though, and sadly, I failed that too, although by a teeny margin that I am really hoping my prelims would save. I still have my fingers crossed.

Oh well, I still have to study for DE and Stat... Toodles everyone. ^^