Thursday, November 08, 2007

Heart of Stone

It was, as it were, the rise of the machines; and that was, the machine within me... There really is nothing like dropping a bomb to remind her that she really did not know what she was dealing with, and just what she had lost... Whatever doubt, or uncertainty had crossed through my consciousness a few days back had since been utterly obliterated.. And it feels good...

One thing I realized today, as I pondered quietly while I walked my way home, was that it wasn't the people who we loved that had the capacity to hurt us.. Rather, it is the individual himself... Even if people talked crap or whatever, we cannot be affected if we never allowed it... Remember the famous line? "Nobody can hurt you without your consent." It could not have been better said...

One thing that my two mentors, Sir Mark and Sir Bruce always tried to instill upon me, was to always keep your emotions in check... They said that human emotions are both our greatest assets and liabilities... When we allow them to get out of hand, we can get dangerous... I just think it was time to cast my heart with stone, unfeeling for the negative, and appreciative of the positive... And I quote Sir Bruce, "Do not be attached, nor detached.. But rather be non-attached..."

For whatever it was worth, I have let go of all the anger that erupted within me.. For it was time... There was no point in getting angry at that, because by doing so, I only make her feel that she was important... And she was not...

It is said, count your blessings... And that I'll do... Because there's just a whole looooot more people who deserve my time and appreciation than some punked-up-princess-wanna-be...

Hahahaha... So much for someone who wanted to keep his emotions in check... :p

___________________________________________________________________
DETAILED HORRORSCOPE YESTERDAY:
ARIES:
Minsan, kung magsalita ang tao, akala mo, sila lang ang marunong masaktan... na sila lang ang marunong magsakripisyo... Samantalang pare-pareho lang naman ang binubuhos nating panahon at paghihirap... Nababawasan ang oras namin, KO, para sa ibang commitments, na kung tutuusin, hindi hamak na mas importante sa akin kaysa sa iyo... Ano ang gusto mo? Mag-fe-fetch ng stick para sa iyo, and roll over like a dog for you? Sambahin ka namin dahil iyon ang gusto mo? Cut us some slack naman... Sino nga ba sa atin ang may karapatang ma-disappointed?

___________________________________________________________________
DETAILED HOROSCOPE TODAY:
LIBRA:
Last time mo nang magagalit ngayong gabi... Pagkatapos nun, wala na... You're calmer, more solemn, and definitely more focused... Count your blessings... Huwag mong sirain ang buhay mo sa galit at inis, dahil mas marami pang importanteng bagay kaysa sa mga taong hindi marunong tumanaw ng utang na loob... Do not brood over just one person... Marami ka pa ring TOTOONG kaibigang nakaalalay sa iyo... Marami pang dahilan para ngumiti.. ^^


Cheerios everyone! A new Dexter is born! :D