Saturday, March 08, 2008

And this is where we end

I guess I've always wanted to drop everything I've known, start again and go as far as my feet would take me without looking back. And yet it bears pointing out, after two months of grit and guts, and a guy breathing down your neck, a group who's probably not a group at all, and a professor who doesn't really know what he wants, that I've gone from a ticking time bomb, to a huge mushroom cloud, a crater and a bang. I've found resolve takes you only so much, for when your patience has been defused, you fall back to sheer, animalistic, unadulterated rage.

These are times when there's probably a better, more rational solution to the problem, but instincts keep you from being rational at all. How could you? When you've just taken a shot for everyone, cut classes to do the project, revised your end of the deal for the fifth time with a bum who just can't shut the hell up, said bum not keeping his end of the bargain himself, another fag on pot who does not understand the word "WORK", three other members not even bothering to help, the list goes on and on and on.

Spending the night in someone else's home, hiding behind the veil of "finishing the documentation" or what-not, probably only to play DS, or PSP, or both. It is absolutely abhorrable. They do not even have a shred of work ethics to talk about.

I AM seething; I probably should have dropped the group when I had the chance, but I guess we've crossed out more people from potential thesismates. I have lost all hope in humanity.