Friday, July 22, 2005

Getting Forgetful...

**** Can't believe I was so careless.... I FORGOT TO UPDATE LAST MONDAY....... Sorry for this very very very late update guys..

It was a beautiful Sunday evening..... Too beautiful, in fact..... And it was the perfect time for another family get-together..

We left home at about 6:30pm, just a few moments after the sun sank below the western horizon, the sky showing only faint splashes of orange amidst the otherwise purple sky...

We were set for Roxas Boulevard, because the venue for the reunion was set there... Behind CCP, in a restaurant named JUMBO KINGDOM, just near the banks of the mainland (of course, because it was a floating resto).... At about 7:15 pm, we arrived...

Maybe I'm just too shallow, but gosh, was it beautiful!! Lights lined the corners of the floating structure, along its roof which gave an entirely Chinese feel because of the Pagoda-like arches at each tip.... Set at just more or less three feet above the water, the wooden floor swayed every now and again as the chains that hold the bridge in place rattled as if in laughter with the cool evening breeze... The sight was very breathtaking...

Maybe because it was a beautiful evening that I found the place wonderful.. But then again, it was quite impossible for me to resist such beauty.. It is what I would call "romantic"... a ship in the middle of the sea, swaying with the waves, in a cool Sunday evening... Superb!!

When we got inside, our hosts, Uncle Vic and Auntie Su, were already waiting so I didn't have time to explore it.... (Initially, that is.. ) I barely ate because I was too preoccupied with just looking at sea (actually, I think it's more of a bay.. ) and wondered what (the hell) I'll do if the foundation of the structure gave way and we would sink to the bottom of the waters.... (Happy thought isn't it?? HAHAHAH.. Just kidding..) But truthfully, I never got to enjoy the food... It was great, I suppose, but I would have wanted to explore the interior first before pigging out... Sadly, our hosts had other plans and were in a hurry because they were to get back to Vigan the following morning..

We, or more appropriately, they, finished eating at 8:30... Supposedly we were to immediately go home after eating.. But due to my insistence, (pestering more like HAHAHAH) I prodded them to go up and see the things found therein... Uncle Vic and Aunt Su, however, just gave a pass because they still have "some things to take care of"...

The second floor didn't really have much to see.. But the third floor held a rather antique looking Chinese emperor family bench (or whatever its called) and it was beautiful.... My parents, I presumed, shared the same sentiments as did my uncle and aunt (Rub's).. HERE COMES THE CAMERAS!!!!!!!!!!! Click, click, click.... hehehe.... We are so weird...... Sitting down that bench one by one, then all together, and just shooting away.... hehehe..

We ascended to the top floor, which doubled a bar of sorts.... Of course, we didn't go in there, because the outside was much more of a view than those dancing lights inside the bar... It was wonderful..... We were at the open air with the sea to look at, and the sky with the half moon, and the lights that dotted the streets..... Romantic talaga grabe.. Hahahah... Mababaw ako noh??? Pero it was really cute....

On the eastern side, however, it was pitch black.. As in nothing.... You can't see anything at all... There were no lights whatsoever on that side.. I presume it was the sea, because it couldn't have been land.. If it was, then, we would have seen cars or lights from the building.. But there was none.... Just an entire blanket of blackness... And it makes me think, how did the past sailors manage to cross the sea without the sophistication of radars and those types of things??? Siguro may lighthouse na nuon.. Sabi ko nga... Hehehe..

Sadly it began to rain at 9:15 pm and we were required to go home, because bad weather is a fierce enemy.. We arrived home at about 9:45....

Still even if my "sentimental mode" was cut off short by the rain, I still loved the whole experience.. And maybe, just maybe, if I could become rich enough someday, I'll build my home above the sea, floating there, a bit away from civilization, but not too far from it either... NANGARAP BA NG GISING!!!!! Hahahah.. Oh well, it's just a dream isn't it??

Oh well, gotta go now. Tata.. :)