Sunday, July 10, 2005

"Highschool-sick"...

I never would have imagined that I would ever feel like this in my entire life.... Honestly, being "highschool-sick" is the last feeling that would ever cross my heart.. Or at least that was what I thought...

It's not that college sucks... It's just that it isn't as enjoyable as high school... In high school, you could get away with not reading your books and pass just as long as you listen to your teacher... In college, you NEED TO READ YOUR BOOKS if you want to pass!!!!!! My Chem teacher in highschool, Ms Llantada (MISS YOU MA'AM! :) ) is great... I really learned something from her.. and I barely touched my book then.. Now????? Oh my goodness.... Our prof is good as she is... But I need to read my book to cope up with her way of teaching... She's one of the "matalino pero hindi magaling magturo" types... Barely anyone could understand her.. But I have to give it to her, SHE IS GOOD, it's just that SHE DOESNT TEACH AS GOOD.... Sigh...

Classmates have also become a headache... They got absolutely no respect for the Chinese language.. and that gets on my nerves.... Imagine, they even shout it out loud, "Chi chi mo ma li it!!" And I just raise my eyebrows and shake my head.... It's both immoral and disrespectful... And they use "Intsik" to refer to the Chinese... I don't know why, but I just don't like the term.. Kung tutuusin rin naman, may term rin naman na "Tsino" e... They could have just used that instead of the rather offensive sounding "Intsik"... Grr!! I really don't like them... Hindi naman lahat.. May mga mababaet din tulad ni Clarence, James, Anjo, Jofel, and others.. Pero majority????? Sighs again...

When I met up with Abi this Thursday afternoon, it was like being home again.. Yeah, I really didn't talk much (basically cos hindi na ako sanay magpakabaliw, dapat kasi refined ka sa college) but it was just like.. I really couldn't describe the feeling.. Sobra lang akong saya kase I could unwind and be me again for a while, and not the overly serious engineering hopeful that I am inside the classroom... Tapos dumating pa si Mark Steven!! Really really enjoyed that afternoon... We just sat at the grandstand and talked for an hour.. I found out that Abi also has classmates who are overly disrespectful to Chinese... I really hate discriminative and arrogant people... Still, the three of us really didn't let it bother us for that moment.. We didn't want to ruin one of the few instances that we could be together again like that.. Hay sobrang saya talaga... Hope we could do it more often, pero sana next time, sama sama na ang buong section or something.... Hindi naman masamang mangarap di po ba?? Hehehe.. :)

Still Friday came and it was back to the tight college life that I find really really "nakakasakal"... the same ton of assignments (kumbaga gabundok) and the same rude classmates...And it was that same feeling of "highschool sickness" all over again....

Sigh...... There really is no place like home....