Saturday, June 18, 2005

First Three Days..

*** WEDNESDAY:
I was expecting a tour, or an orientation of sorts as it was the first day of school so I woke up very early (about a little bit before 5, I think..) I took a shower, ate breakfast, brushed my teeth, and got dressed hurriedly and by 5:30, I was leaving home, full of excitement on what was the start of a college life.. I took the jeep and arrived at school about 6am...

I was about to enter the Roque Ruano building when the security guard stopped me.. "Bawal pang pumasok.. Naglilinis pa mga janitor.." damn that sec guard, there was not a single janitor cleaning anything!! the corridors were deserted... Grr... I was really annoyed because it was very hot outside, even when it's supposed to be the rainy season already... We ( that is to say the hundreds of eng studs who were waiting outside the building) were allowed to get in at 6:40... I really hate that security guard...

I found out that classes were to resume as usual and orientations were going to be held some other time, which is really really really and I mean REALLY weird because orientations are supposed to come first... (Baliktad kaya!! Hmph!) Our first prof, Ms. Pimentel, arrived 15 minutes later than the bell.. She was our prof for Chemlab and she talked about the usual... No lates, no absences, blah blah blah... After the loooooooooooong talk, we were roll called... There was a total of 46 students inside, 40 boys and 6 girls, most of which are, not surprisingly Filipinos... Including myself, there were only 6 Chinese inside the classroom.. I was surprised to find out that Jansen (Lycans class leader) is my classmate although I never talked to him or anybody else...( I don't really feel easy yet being surrounded by a sea of Filipino blood... I feel as if I’m an outcast or something..) After the roll call, we were asked to proceed to the eng bldg AVR which was new but small.... We watched a film that reminded us to be careful in the lab and things like that... By 9, we were done watching it and was dismissed from her class an hour earlier...

At 10, we went to our classroom for phist (Philippine History), and like Ms. Pimentel, Ms Turingan arrived 15 minutes late also.. We were, again roll called and was dismissed by 11... Too bad I had vball at 1pm or I could have come home earlier...

After walking back and forth in the campus for one and a half hours and spending time in the chapel for half an hour (I didn’t eat.. heheh ^_^) I went to the gym for the vball orientation.... Mr. Cruz, our vball instructor seems really really nice ( I think I'm going to like vball this sem) and we were given a short rundown of the activities we’re going to have for this sem... By 2 pm, we were dismissed...

It rained heavily as I was waiting for a jeep.. OMG, I was soaking wet when I got home... Heheh... After a few hours of watching tv, sleeping and a whole lot of other nothings, it was...

THURSDAY:
I woke up later than the previous day because I knew that that sonofagun of a security guard would not let us in anyhoo.. I arrived at exactly 6:40 and I was delighted that I didn't have to wait a whole 40minutes just to get inside the building. I realized that the campus tour and the orientation was going to be held that morning and that afternoon respectively.... However, our first subject for the day, Values Ed ( oh no, not again!!!!!!) still went on...Our prof, Ms Agustin, is as nice as Mr. De Vera, although she did arrive promptly at 7... After the usual roll call, she hinted that there was going to be a test the next day about the various offices within the campus, the deans, the major officials of the university and the different landmarks of UST... (Ngeks!! Values ba un???????) By 7:45 we were instructed to go down to meet the other sections for the campus tour... We waited a good 30 minutes or so outside the building which is obviously not air-conditioned... you get the three letter H word right??? My, was it HOT!! Anyhoo, we were all given a beige UST bag, a UST seal pin and other paraphernalia and pamphlets which were the subject for our values ed test the next day... We toured the campus for 2 whole hours without stopping. It was like a death march, my goodness gracious!! It was terribly hot, basically since noon was nearing.... The museum was great though.... There were a lot of interesting materials inside—old coins, sculptures, replicas of animals found both here and abroad.. MY!!! I can’t wait to get to Louvre someday!! HAHAAHHAH ^_^ By 10:30 the tour was ended and we were reminded that the orientation was to be held at 1 to 5 that afternoon...

I ate lunch at bk (French fries—you call that lunch??????? Hehehe ^_^) and spent the remainder of the time at the central library which was huuuuuge!!!! Hehehe, I’m gonna love it there, I'm sure... ^_^ I read about web designing although I didn’t understand much because I was distracted by the rather noisy student body..

By 12:30 I was at the med auditorium for the freshmen orientation... As usual, and I mean AS USUAL, we were told not to be late for classes, not to be absent, not to smoke inside the campus, not to use cellphones during class hours... ( So what else is new???) Thankfully, we were dismissed an hour and a half earlie... I went to the library for quite a while, then proceeded to the chapel... At about 4:45, I decided to go home.. I slept at about 11:30 because I studied for the values ed test the following day.

FRIDAY:
We first had values ed at 7am, and thankfully, we didn't have a test.. YIPEE!! ^_^ Ms Agustin distributed our values ed books, which was like any values book, duh!! She told us to read pages 5 to 8 (although I'll read the whole unit this weekend) She also told us of the activities we're going to have for the sem, which included inviting an EC engineer to hold a seminar and interviewing a senior citizen... (Wonders what the heck does that have to do with values... )

We had Algebra at 8.. Our prof, Mrs. Amon, seems very very very nice.. (I think I'm going to enjoy Algebra this year too ^_^) We were roll called, and we were told to buy the Algebra manual/workbook at the faculty at the third floor... We were also asked to read the first chapter and answer the practice exercises for that lesson...

Chem was next (it's different from Chemlab) Our prof (forgot the name), checked if were all present, and gave us a syllabus... She told us she gives 100 items in her quizzes (OMG!!!!!!!) and told us that she had a meeting to attend to, so we were dismissed an hour and a half earlier... most of the others went elsewhere but I, along with Jansen and another 5 or 6 people, remained in the classroom....

When it was 11, classes for phist were supposed to start but Ms Turingan gave us the no-show.. OMG!!! If I had only known I would have gone straight home... I went to the faculty to buy the alge manual but the professor there told me that they were not selling it, and it was sold at the second floor.. Grrrr... It was 12 noon so I just went home because I didn't want to spend a whole hour just waiting for them to finish eating before I could buy the book... Guess I'd just have to buy it tomorrow.. Oh well...

I was starting to read a few pages from my values book this afternoon but was rather pooped because I dint get much sleep last night so I accidentally slept for two and a half hours.... HAHAHA ^_^ oh well, I still have Sunday and Monday anyways.. (I have classes on Saturdays...)

Well, gotta go.. tata!! ^_^