Saturday, December 01, 2007

Scare Tactics

Even when I was far away from my normal self, I continue to scare some people.

Take this humble blog, for example. On the year 240 B.C., the skin grew old with cobwebs before I even considered changing. But now, I change my layout as often as I change my you-know-what (it's called hyperbole, people- go figure), and a cheery-holiday-ish one, at that (we-ell, almost).

All joking aside, however, much of the concern now has resided on the fact that, I, being the master of unflappability, shaman of un-change, and guru of non-attachment, have somehow been more dynamic, if not, more erratic. Much of the teasing then has been reserved to my being aloof (read - masungit) leading to a friendly (or otherwise) "fitting" nickname, as being the "resident Frankenstein"... Kiss Frankenstein goodbye, baby - someone else is in the house.

Admittedly though, I do have been uncharacteristically friendly and cheerful ( and a bit more "cooperative) these past few weeks. I do think that the holiday spirits have finally gotten to me, defeating my own Uncle Scrooge-y self... Why the sudden optimism, you ask? Well that's for a whopper double post for three weeks and four... Like they say in TV, "eeekskluuusiboooo! suuusuunooood!!!" (and I don't watch that, by the way, just to keep the record straight)

All I can say for the more impatient readers out there, is that, for me, this year has been one of the most memorable ones I had in my life... Nothing fancy with how I string my words together, because try as I might, I know I could never put into words what I've been opened to, what I've felt, realized and done... (Read - for a more elaborate post, tune in on the twenty-fifth and thirty first of December, ONLY on, the traaaaaaaaveeeel chaaaaannel...)

... and so I scare more people with cheesiness than with being detached... Go figure...