Monday, August 15, 2005

Simplicity is beauty..

Well, here's the new layout I promised... Surpisingly enough, this is plain... Very plain, as a matter of fact.. No pictures, no sounds, no special effects.. Well, maybe there'd be sounds soon but I the possibility of putting a picture there is distant.. Mainly because I don't know how to.... (As far as html codes go, I'm no whiz, I can tell you..) So this would probably stay visually the same until mid-November comes..

As for why I chose this over the other more vivid and more colorful skins out there... Well, I'm just in this rather peculiar "simplicity is beauty" mood... It's not really peculiar per se... It's just that I never have had this state of mind before...

It probably just goes to show that a lot of what one believes in changes over time.. Perceptions.. Dreams.. Hopes.. Ideas... All are subject to change with time unless one has had a strong foundation for his beliefs...

Some things have changed in me as well... My interests have majorly changed over the summer, ever since college started.. One who knew me pretty well back in high school would easily tell you that I prioritized love over all other aspects..

Now.... Well, let's just say I'm taking studies more seriously than ever before... In fact, studying has become my life for quite a while now... It's almost an obssession really.. Not that I don't get online to chat with friends or watch tv at 4 pm or so.. It's just that my social life has been majorly cut down since then... And yes, it is boring... Very boring in fact.. But there's just no other way if I want to work abroad and live someplace else... Because I feel there's no hope for this country anymore... Don't get me wrong, I am not denouncing my Tsinoy heritage.... In fact, the Philippines is a beautiful place... Where else could you find the country which fuses the American democracy (and diet ^_^), the Spanish Catholicism, the Chinese sense of business and a dash of Islamic culture to the South?? It's only here.. This country is like a mixing bowl of all beautiful cultures in the world.. I am very confident in saying that it would have emerged as one of the most successful countries if only there was improvement in the reforms and laws.. But the government..... I think I'd be doing injustice if I said that no other country shares this kind of government..... Lying.. Cheating... Stealing..... But here it's just so blatant.. And in a realistic point of view, it's only a matter of time before this country........... *breaks off....

My choice of dreamplace has also changed... I used to want to migrate to Paris and work there... But it's rather unrealistic really..... For one thing, there's a major discrimination of all Oriental cultures when one goes to the west.... Actually, prejudice is a better term for that... I really don't know if the Westerners ( the Americans and Europeans alike) are just insecure of the capability of us, Asians, but how could I expect to live peacefully in a country that does not respect Asians like me???

So now, if I were given a chance to migrate somewhere else, it would probably be China, Japan or Korea (South of course).... Now those are just priorities... If I would be destined elsewhere, or if I would be fated to stay here (which I hope not) then I would accept it... Still, I am doing everything in my power to change that fate.... As for why I chose those three countries??? Well, first of all, I am Asian.... Unlike before when I based my dreams on wine (Montpelier, France produces excellent wine) let's just say I want to preserve the Asian-ness that I am actually proud of....

Now why not Indonesia? or Malaysia? Well because those are Islamic countries... It's not that I don't like Moslems... It's more of they don't like Catholics... Not that they can't be blamed for that perception... The Spaniards have done a very great job in sealing that fate for all Catholics... All they did in their occupation here for 333 years was to invade the Southern Philippines again and again and again.. Who could blame the Muslims, after all?

Moreover, I am an Electronics and Communications engineer.. An aspirant, at that, nonetheless.. But Japan is known for their superb technology... Robots.. Cellphones... PC's... A paradise for an EC Engineer... On the other hand, Korea is home to Samsung electronics... Pretty much what applied to Japan could apply here as well.. ( Except for the robot part that is) China??? Well, I'm a Chinese after all... No reason more than that... Of course, if I'd choose among the three, I'd choose........ Hehehe. Rather undecided yet... ^_^

Of course, Koreans are known for their being very polite and respectful.... And that's really a plus factor... On the other hand, I know a little background on the Japanese and Chinese languages so I wouldn't have to study a foreign language again.... Still, it'll depend on how well I perform.. On how high my board exams will go.... And that is what I'm striving for...

Oh well, be ranting another time.. Didn't notice I blabbed already.. Hehehe..

Sorry for taking your precious time reading a foolish boy's dreams..

Tata.. ^_^

God bless all of us..