Friday, March 24, 2006

Disappoinments

With the thoughts of seeing my grades in English and Chemistry today, I woke up at about 7 a.m., much much earlier than I would have if not for that., so you could just imagine the great disappointment that was etched in my face the whole day when I saw neither of them.

English consultation WAS SUPPOSED to start at 9, and with that in my mind, I skipped breakfast and headed straight to UST (after the jeepney ride of course.. ) I arrived at about 8:15, and joined my classmates in waiting for the final forty-five minutes.. By 8:50, though, Baluyut decided that we have waited too long, and, all of us having waited for at least half an hour, agreed to go upstairs. 9;10, 20, 30, 40.. damn where is that irresponsible sh#t of a teacher?!! Everybody just started to lose their cool, after all, Callangan's "notoriousness" ( or is it notority? whatever ) in being always absent is so popular ( or is it rather infamous?).. Dang, like how many remedials have she asked for because she was absent on our meeting??? And with no reason nor explanation at that?? Dang, I wonder how many of us actually like her.. After all, she was one of those who crammed a lot on our final week.. Imagine she announced that we were to have a library paper, on March 1st, and were supposed to submit it on the 17th??? Plus reports, skits, and flash presentations ?? And as if it were not enough, on the 9th, she announced that we were supposed to submit a movie synopsis regarding Coach Carter, but we didn't watch and finish the dang movie until the 15th, and to top it all off, deadline was on the next day... Dang with this woman..

Our vexation intensified today when she no-showed our consultation.. That was until a little bit after 10 a.m., when she actually gave an explanation for the first time, and that was that one of her relatives had died today... Of course, I suppose she could have texted us a bit earlier, and we would have highly appreciated more hours of sleep, but I don't really want to sound so merciless and all, so our deepest apologies and condolences go out to her family, God bless her the strength to carry on..

Dean, Mond, Rozz and I decided to kill the three hours we were supposed to wait until our Chemistry consultation by playing DOTA at Hyper... At about 11, Ogoy joined in the fray and helped us in the FF emulated version of the game.. By noon, Wilfred arrived too and told us that he was going to throw a sort of a belated birthday party, so he treated all of us, including the others who were not with us at Hyper, to lunch at Almer's famous and excellent sisig.. (Thanks Wfred for the meal.. Belated Happy Birthday ^_^) We finished eating, laughing, and chatting at about half an hour past 1...

Realizing we were late for our consultation, we immediately rushed back to UST, (and I also saw Renz Tan near Dapitan at Wendy's)... Disappointment started to seep in again when Mam Torres refused to tell us our actual grades; she merely whether we passed.. The third disappointment tolled its bell when we realized that aside from the five of my classmates who failed Geometry, there are also, at least, another three, who failed Chem.. Missy, who, sorry to say, failed both subjects later told us that she would pursue her college degree in another university... (I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.. ) Of course, others like Lara, Ja, and Enrico rejoiced since they passed Chem.. However, nobody could hide the disappointment that we would spend the next few years with another person less than our original block, (the first one being Alex)..

Dang it, how could there be a lot of disappointments in just a single day.. And to actually top this off, I was actually intending a second post (an essay) but realized that it's already 9:36 pm as we speak.. Dang, this is so disappointing... GRr..

Oh well, let's just hope that next Monday would be much better than today.. I hope I get decent grades in Trigo and Drawing, and most of all, I extremely, definitely, positively, verily, intensely hope that I pass in Theo.. Just get my fingers crossed..

Tata now.. ^_^ Have to regain that lost sleep.. God bless us all ^_^