Thursday, June 09, 2005

Adjustments

In only a span of six more days, my college life is about to begin... I'm particularly excited about it... I'm not sure why though, but it feels as if I am going to be reborn after dying for four years.. Maybe because high school life was a major drag and I graduated with nothing to be proud of... Or maybe because there were a lot of bad memories that I want to forget about.. Whatever the reason is, it really doesn't concern much. I'm just glad that I can begin anew again in college.

I would be lying if I told you I'm not nervous about it.. In fact, I've been quite restless fot the last couple of days. For four days now, I sleep at a few moments past 12 midnight and waken every hour or so.. The usual pre-school blues of mine is sinking in too, and I feel a tremendous amount of pressure within me (which I let out by talking too much and being as insane and as crazy as possible ) but I guess there's just a lot of things I'm looking forward to that overshadows that feeling of doubt and unease.

I'm beginning to rearrange my schedule now, so I won't get that "summer vacation hangover" when school starts. I have also increased my time for meditation from 10 minutes to 20 minutes...

Sadly, however, my dad didn't approve of my idea of having a part time job... :( He said that I needed to know my priorities and that my priority for now is to study very very very very very very very very very very very very very very VERY HARD.. Good gracious, he wants me to eat the whole encylcopedia up.. Oh well, dad's word is law, and if he said it, he sure as hell mean it..

I'm thinking of taking taekwondo classes next summer vacation, seeing that negotiations for taekwondo would more likely end in the same fate as my part time job... Too bad, though.. I wanted to start as soon as possible. My cousin who works as a taekwondo instructor said that taekwondo might be my sport after seeing me kick a vertical height of 5 feet.. If so, I have one less aim to worry about in my checklist..

Oh well, aside from that, I think I shared everything here. Good luck to Thomasians out there... Good luck to myself too..