Monday, August 22, 2005

Changes

While some of my friends from other colleges are busy reviewing for their finals, we have just finished our preliminary exams last week... Moreover, we just officially started our second quarter, as opposed to DLSU students in the verge of transition from first term to second term. Er, fine.. let me correct that... We officially started our second quarter like five days ago.. But goodness, how could I update my blog?? We still had a pile of assignments even when we were busy reviewing for our tests.. We were required to submit a summary and reflection about the story of Moses and the Exodus this week... In English... Well, you know that prof of ours.. She never fails to give us an assignment, a loooooooooooooong one at that, every meeting... Of course, in ChemLab we have our prelabs every week, and a special post lab if you get "lucky"..

Still, I wouldn't really consider college monotonous what with the constant assignments every week.. For one thing some things are changing.. College is starting to feel more like highschool now, classmate-wise more specifically... Let's just say that I have earned some respect from them... Of course, I'm still probably the only guy who doesn't have anybody to talk to during breaks.. Still, this is a start.. And it just goes to show that "One does not demand respect... He earns it.. "

Of course, not all of them respect me.. Some of those who are the "bully types" are harder to "tame" than the others... But I have probably established a better working atmosphere than before.. As for friends? Well, there are quite a few.... I have gotten to know some of the people in our classroom more and my goodness, I just realized that some of them came from the USTHS star sec.... And unsurprisingly enough, they are also trying to get into the dean's list.. Looks like there's a case of "friendly competition" at hand... Still, friendly competition or otherwise, I can't deny that I'm definitely gonna have difficulties in vying for the honors.. JayR excels in memorization and that's taking phist and theo with him.. Benedict is good in english and values.. Still CKSC's own Jansen is good in math too.. Of course, being the competition obssessive geek that I am, I could tell that I'm gonna enjoy this.. more than what I could ever put in words.. And that has definitely have me pleased..

There are also other things to be pleased of, as well.. I am pretty satisfied with most of my prelim grades... EXCEPT for that damn english.... Not that I was expecting a perfect grade or what... But it was just so low.... Grrr... As for the others, well... so-so.... I was also rather disappointed with my chem grade, because I gave up more than ten points in multiple choice... (Damn...) Of course, I was perfectly perfectly pleased with my math grade.. *grins widely to myself* (To my parents and my HS friends who supported me, this one's for all of you...) :) And of course, I want to thank God for blessing me throughout the prelims week because I know that none of this would have been possible without His guidance.. ^_^

But of course, prelims is prelims and now, a new chapter lies waiting to be written.. As to if I'll get what I want, that's something to be done and proven.. Like what I've said just a few nights back to a friend of mine, "dreams remain only as dreams if not acted upon.." Time may give us all the opportunities, but the rest??? It's definitely up to us... As for me?? Well, there's nothing impossible if you believe... Dexter's Theorem states that:

Success is equated to Perseverance, Prayer, Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence...
(or more simply)
S= 2P + 3I

heheheh... Getting insane again... Oh well, this is a very good chance to put that theorem to the acid test...

For now, I end this post...

God bless us all.... ^_^


R.I.P.
-- Dexter Tan