Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Closed for Repairs

A lot of people still ask me how I'm faring with my love life... Dashes of friendly teasing here and there and insinuations of me dedicating a quote or song to a special someone still run as wildly as before... I don't blame them... In fact, I think it just normal for them to think that way especially since the adolescent stage is the time in one's life wherein most of us would have "puppy loves" or "crushes" to a person we find "hot" or "cool"..

But just as the sun rises everyday at morning in the east, everything has its own place and time for taking place... Love?? Alas! that is a most wonderful thing. But now is not the time to mingle emotion and mind... At least that is why I think so...

Now I don't mean to be hypocritical... I admit I have been in love before, not once nor twice... But a heart gets tired after getting bruised a lot of times... Me?? I'm just one of those who has loved and lost too many a time... In fact, if only I could wear a sign, I would wear one across my heart with the words, "CLOSED FOR REPAIRS" in bold, capital letters...

Of course, I'm not saying I would never love again.. But now??? Let's just say I have a telephone operator inside my heart that says "Please try your call later" when cupid tries to shoot an arrow through it... Honestly, I have finally understood the essence of our debate in highschool.. "Dapat bang pagsabayin ang pag-ibig at pag-aaral?"

Now I don't mean to argue with anyone... If there's one thing I intend to do, that's to respect everyone's opinion... But for me, being in love?? I'm not stripping it from the cliche "I feel inspired when I'm in love.".. But I think having only one passion at a time is enough... that passion being studies...

All I'm saying is that I do love... I love my family.. I love my friends.. I love doing what there is to be done now... But I'm not in love... Not yet... Not now...

Of course, there'd be a time when my heart will be open again... to sing a tune for someone special.. to write a poem and dedicate it to her.. to have another reason to smile for...

But that time is not now....

And though I may not be wearing a big sign around my chest, you could be sure, that my heart is indeed "closed for repairs"...