Friday, September 02, 2005

Sailing Back Through Time

"It seems like just yesterday......."

Yes, I know.. This is probably the most tired cliche ever in history... But proverbial as it may seem, I cannot but help but be amazed at how time flies so quickly...

It seems like I had just failed some major exams in physics the other day, and had tried to rally and cram in hopes to save my measly grade of 77 into a line of 8-er...

It seems like I had just finished my brutal thesis on cannabis the other night, and had grown deep eyebags during the process...

It seems like I had just finished reading the very very very long epic, Odyssey yesterday morning, and appreciated the greatness of Homer...

....and yet here I am, already months away from my reminiscence, in another cool and solemn September afternoon, the sun barely peeping out of what seems to be an azure blanket that is the sky....

Perhaps, it's just this sort of sentimentality, this sense of reflection that I am fond of, that's creeping its way back to my present reality... Quiet, and perhaps maybe even mysterious..... That was me.... No... it is still me... The ever reflective, and rather boring non-conversational type.. Yet, perhaps this is what makes me appreciate the things that others take for granted..

I have gone a long way.... A long long way since then.... And yet, the vividness of yesteryear flashes to me as detailed as it has ever been...

September has always been the month wherein I sail back through time... For me, September is the coolest month of all... There's a sense of magic in it; and I do not mean of it being the first "ber" month that would signal Christmas time... There's something deeper than that for me.... When the first leaf falls over the other half of the world..... And a sense of cool, cold impends.. I really can not explain it... What can I, a mere mortal, express anything of the beauty of God's miracle??

But whatever it is, it is just so wondrous, that I get into the mood of reminiscing... of reflecting... of contemplating the past... searching for the truths and learning from them, to the best that I could.... It's as if time turns its hands for me, so that I may become more appreciative of what I am today, of what I have earned..

The people... the events... the places... I have lost much; I have bid goodbye to friends I thought were forever and to places that I never imagined would fade.. I have been buried and reburied alive, with adversities some may only think of... with failures that made a hopeless heart.. But those are the things that made me... Whenever I would come to think of the past, I am gladdened that God gave these walls for me to climb... For whenever I rise, I earn a new self... a better self....

...and with each recollection, I come closer to my dream of "immortality"... to creating a legacy.... to achieving the epitome of what I can become....

What I am today I owe to a lot... And although I winded a bit, I just want to say that I have never forgotten who made me today.. what made me today...

Thanks be to God.... and thanks to all those who TRULY support me.. (you know who you are)